Friday, August 1, 2008

Celebrating 34 years!!

Yikes, how did that happen so quickly? It seems like I was just learning to ride Matt's 2 wheeled bike. What a great day I had w/ my family. I woke up to breakfast being delivered in bed and the birthday kisses from the kids. Very sweet. I was so proud of Truckie and his creativity for the "extras" birthday gifts. He printed out some pics of the kids w/ a frame around them. Thanks Babe, I love them!! I just didn't have much energy to pack up the kids again w/ lunches and go somewhere. I think the kids were fine w/ sticking around the house too. We just played together in the morning. I think that we all needed that!!
Neva and I both took a nap and of course Mr. Energy did not which was fine. In the afternoon we went to Target to see if their pools are on clearance yet to replace ours w/ a hole. Unfortunately there was not but I found some smokin' great deals for kids toys. I loaded up for nieces and nephews birthdays and Christmas gifts. It was great.
Then Truckie took us all out to dinner for a fabulous meal. They even brought me a piece of delicious chocolate cake w/ a candle. Neva really enjoyed that and of course Cade wanted nothing to do w/ it because it was sweet.
We came home and played w/ the kids some more and then they were off to bed and we enjoyed a quiet evening. What a great birthday!! Truckie, you better watch out for next year because you set the bar pretty high this year. Thank you for a great day!!

Ok, here it goes for the quote of the day....
When we were at the restaurant in the bathroom there was music playing. Neva said "ooooohhh, I really like this music and began to dance, dance, dance." She even danced when we left the bathroom all the way back to the table. That girl loves music.

Cade said that I could work in his pit crew for his race car when he grows up. He also said that Dad would be a good in the pit crew too because he knows he would be so fast. He told Neva that she could be the flag person. She asked him if she could drive a pink sparkly race car when she grows up. The conversations these 2 have are just awesome to listen to. Their imaginations are soaring and they just sound so grown up!! I try to cherish each and every moment (at least the good ones). :)

Today, Friday, is going to be fairly uneventful and just doing a few things around the house. We will hit the pool in the back this afternoon and that just may be the highlight of the day. Right now the kids are coloring in a magazine that came in the mail. I am not exactly sure but they are giggling really hard about something.

Have a great weekend all and until next time.....

No comments: