We went to Matt, Stacey and Ashley's this weekend. The kids are pooped are so are we!! We got there on Saturday morn and headed straight for the boat. We swam and cruised around on the lake on their new pontoon boat. It was great. Then we headed back to the house before the storm rolled in. Perfect timing!! Cade couldn't wait to play the Wii bowling game. So, we headed to the newly finished remodeled man cave and hung out for the night. The kids ran around and played and the adults hung out. We ate a great bbq dinner w/ fresh corn and salad.
The kids headed for bed around 8:30 or so but didn't fall asleep till much later. The adult boys stayed up and played the golf video game and I watched the Olympics. Very relaxing.
Unfortunately the kids were up at 6 am and it made for a long day. We went out on the boat again for fishing this time around. The kids were catching fish left and right. The wind was howling and more storms were getting ready to roll in so we headed back to shore. Oh yeah, not to mention it was chilly!! We went back and hung out for lunch and then packed up to head back home.
Neva fell asleep within minutes of being on the road and Cade followed not long after. When we got home Neva gave us a taste of the old days and pretty much cried the whole time she was awake for about 2 hours we were home before we could get her to bed. It was pretty much a disaster and reaffirmed us that we are so done w/ kids. We can't even handle the ones we have sometimes. :)
Now I am getting caught up on pics because we have some busy stuff coming up and I want to be on top of my pics as it can sometimes overwhelm me if I fall behind. Weird I know but just one of my things.
Quotes of the weekend.....
Matt's was saying that the kids were going to catch a hog fish. So, the adults were all saying as the kids would reel in their fish "its a hog." The kids got a kick out of that.
On Sunday morning Cade was getting dressed and came downstairs when I was eating breakfast w/ Stacey and asked "Mom, did you pack my lucky fishing shirt?" I told him no and he proceeds to turn around and say under his breath "AAAAhhh, but I catch so many fish in it." Stacey and I were laughing so hard. That kid just loves to fish. He makes his uncle Matt so happy. Matt just can't wait now till he can take him hunting. All in due time Matt, all in due time.
Truckie leaves for LA on Tuesday until Friday so I will be staying very busy and going to the gym for my sanity!! Keep your eyes peeled for more posts. Have a great night, going to bed!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment