Well, what I thought that was going to be a normal Monday turned into a bit more hectic. We woke up to rain and then a thunderstorm which means that Trapper is attached to my side panting heavily and shaking uncontrollably. Fine, I can handle that. Well, we were getting ready to leave out the door and the kids usually go get in the car and I change over a load of laundry. I try to maximize any down time and just be efficient. Well, the kids were in the garage telling me to unlock the doors. I tried. They weren't unlocking. Low and behold my battery was dead on my car. So now, I have 1/2 a wet load in the dryer, a dead battery and a scared dog in the car w/ the kids. Quite a site. :) I called Truckie to ask him how to hook up our portable battery charger (if you don't own one I highly recommend it) and get the car started. Ok, check the car is working. Now, the dog out of the car. Check. Next finish changing over the laundry and run out the door because my class starts in 10 mins. Whew!! We made it just a few minutes late but it all worked out in the end. Yikes, don't want to have another day like that and especially on a Monday!!
Fairly uneventful afternoon/evening but have some great quotes that I need to share.
I was buckling Neva as we were leaving the grocery store and I said "Great, I forgot to get the pitas." Neva started laughing and said "she said pee-ta." The three of us laughed the whole way home. You would think she watched the office and was picking up stuff from Michael Scott. It is still funny to everyone.
Then, just before dinner I told Neva she needed to wash her hands. Of course, she said "NO." So Cade told her "little Missy, you need to wash your hands for dinner." Little Missy!!! That is great.
Busy day tomorrow. Park, quiet time, swim lessons and girls night out to Meijer Gardens for their free concert series. Looking forward to a busy but fun packed day.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment