I will give a short recap to the weekend as it was a mellow one but a great one.
Friday was a long day w/ the kids and I could tell I hadn't had a couple days of excercise (mentally I could feel it too). So, I went on a bike ride Friday night by myself. It is a great loop w/ some challenging hills but also very refreshing. It is approx 9 miles or so. It gets your heart rate up and you can feel the pain in your butt a couple days later. :)
Saturday we woke up and headed to the Farmer's market as a family. I always wanted Truckie to get a taste of it and just check it out overall. It was complete chaos and very busy. Truckie was quite the man about town and knew a handful of people on our outing. He always teases me and says that whenever we go somewhere I always know someone. This time the tables were turned. It was great. During the day I went for my massage and facial. What a treat!! I came home and felt relaxed and refreshed. That evening my parents came and we all went to the car races that were close to our house. We all had so much fun. Neva pretty much ate the whole time we were there and laughed and waved her little checkered flag. A true redneck at heart. :) The kids were up past 10 pm and were great. They actually slept past 7 on Sunday morning and that was a treat.
Sunday we went for a family bike ride and just hung out around the house. Normal things, baseball w/ Cade and Neva jumping on her trampoline. The whole family got their haircut except for me. I need to train one of them to cut my hair. I once convinced Truckie to but he got too nervous and won't even attempt it anymore. I finished making a batch of taggies to take up to the consignment store because the kids are going to need some clothes for the fall and I have a great deal worked out w/ them. Let's hope they sell!!
Quote of the day comes from Cade....
We had stirfry for dinner and Truckie asked if I wanted sesame seeds on mine. Cade asked "Where do sesame seeds come from? Sesame street." I didn't even realize he knew what Sesame street was. It was just too cute.
Back to the weekly grind tomorrow w/ tumbling at the Y. Can't wait till my next paycheck comes in and I can find something that I may "want." :)
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment