Well, today was a great day for us. It was the actual first day since Truckie has been gone that I can actally say that. It started out VERY rough because of Neva's lack of sleep from the weekend but I think that she is caught up now. She was asking to take a nap everyday and was still ready for bed by 7:00. On Tuesday I had to wake her up from her 2 1/2 hour nap. I was a bit nervous how the night was going to go but it was fine. Thankfully.
Tuesday, Cade only participated in swim lessons as Neva had explosive diarrhea and I didn't think it was the greatest idea to put her in a swim suit in a public pool. She was fine w/ it. While I was at the Y I signed Cade up for Fall soccer league and volunteered to be the coach. Am I crazy? I figure I will be teaching the night before and I was hoping that if it is anything like t-ball was maybe, just maybe, I could actually teach the kids something. Cade said he was going to call me "Coach Mom." I told him that would be great.
I have been just trying to stay active as much as possible this week but there is always that lull after dinner when Truckie usually hangs out w/ the kids and I sit on the computer. Hasn't been happening this week. Hence, no time to blog as I have been doing things at night after they go to bed too. Love the Olympics and totally hooked.
Yesterday we went to Bounce Party as it was overcast and teasing us of rain. The kids had a riot and I met this woman Jocelyn from my new Mom's group who just moved here from the DC area. She seems to be a really great person and we get along great. In fact, I randomly ran into her at the YMCA this morning. She will be coming over tomorrow morning w/ her son and daughter along w/ another friend that has a little girl the same age as Neva. Should be fun to have some new fresh blood over. :) OK, I am getting a little crazy these days but at least I can admit it.
Today, I scored big time w/ clothes for Neva for the fall/winter on craigslist. This woman had a crazy amount of clothes and shoes. I bought maybe a 1/3 of her stuff. A lot of it was brand new stuff w/ tags (NWT in the craigslist world). Neva will be quite the styling little lady this year.
I have a couple really great quotes that I need to share that just crack me up. When they say these things that is what keeps me going some days.
Yesterday we were walking up the stairs to go to bed and Cade says "Mom, what does it feel like to be 34?" I laughed and told him it couldn't be better because of the great kids and husband I have. He said "oh." I wonder if 34 seems ancient to him. Probably, because I know as a 21 year old it seemed ancient to me.
Then today at dinner, the kids were bouncing off the walls and giggling and just being plain silly. It is funny to watch them like this until someone gets hurt or pees their pants in which case that was Neva that made the puddle. Anyhow, Cade was eating his dinner and said "Neves, this is better than EVER." "Neva, what does better than ever mean?" And she replied "Batters up!" Which is from this baby toy that we played w/ at Target one day. No idea where they get it but it is entertaining.
I should get running but wanted to get this down before Megan and Tamara come over for drinks tonight. I told them that they couldn't stay too late so hopefully that won't happen. :)
So happy that Truckie will be home tomorrow night. We all miss him so much and can't wait to have a family weekend together. Love and miss you so much BABE!!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment