Friday, August 8, 2008

Wiped out Wednesday

Wow, what a day!! We met Jodi, Solomon, Stacy, Greta and Emmett at the city pool. Unfortunately it didn't open until noon so we played on the playground outside the pool and had a picnic lunch before we went in. This pool was so much fun. They had a huge waterslide, a shallow pool w/ a few fountains and then the large main pool. The kids had the time of their life. Solomon and Cade wanted to go on the waterslide and since Jo Jo is pregnant and Stacy had Emmett in the Bjorn sleeping I was the designated rider w/ them. I felt like a little kid again. It was great!! The boys and I laughed the whole time coming down the slide. Oh yeah, Stacy's stepson Sachel works at the pool as a life guard and he was at the bottom of the slide catching the boys as they came in the pool and then I would go in the pool by myself. It was great.

We stayed about 2 1/2 hours and that was more than enough time there. On the way home Neva said that she wanted a nap today. Then she proceeded to pass out about 5 minutes from home. I let her sleep for about 10 mins in the car and then the kids watched a video while I laid down for about 15 mins. I was exhausted and ready for bed at 4!! We won't go there for a while just because it is so much work and just wipes everyone out. It was a great to experience once and there is so many other things to do before school starts.

Quote of the day comes from Neva....

We were all sitting at the table eating breakfast and in her cutsie little voice she says "Mom, you have an eye in your armpit!" I lift my arm and look in my armpit to find a hole in my "pj" top (aka t-shirt). I started cracking up so then it turned into a game. The kids would say "Mom, you have an eye on your ear and it went on from there."

No comments: