Thursday, July 31, 2008

Terrific Tuesday and Wonderful Wednesday

Tuesday morning we did our typical visit to the Y for me to go to my powerflex class and the kids played in the daycare. They take them on walks and the kids always pick dandelions for me. How do you tell a 2 and 4 year old thanks but no thanks without their feelings getting hurt? The answer....you don't. :) Neva has been getting up early and has been a complete mess. It has been very trying again and we are doing everything we can some days just to make it to bedtime. Well, again another trying morning. She even asked for a nap today. I put her down but the problem is that she fell asleep at 12:45 ish and I had to wake her up at 1:15 so we could get ready for swim lessons at 2:00. She was NOT happy. Cade, the sweet big brother he is, snapped her out of it and made her happy. He was so proud. Gosh, he is such a good kid.

Swim lessons went great for Cade. He really enjoyed them. Neva was not happy about it and sat on the side almost the whole time. The swim instructor asked that I sit in the viewing room next time. I told Neva that and she seems fine w/ it. We shall see..... The instructor was really great and I think that Cade had fun.


On Wednesday we spent majority of the day in the sun and the pool. We went to Jo Jo's parents condo where they have a pool. The kids and I had so much fun. It really made me want a pool but not the maintenance that goes along w/ it. Truckie said we could move into a condo complex and that didn't sound all that bad. :) No lawn to mow and pool that is maintenance free, hmmmm. Cade had his life jacket on and swam around that pool pretty much the whole time. He was having a blast!! Jo Jo's Mom played w/ the kids in the pool too. Neva was very timid at first but then did warm up and let me carry her around the pool. She did eventually like to kick her feet and "scoop" her hands. We got home mid afternoon and I passed out for a short nap while the kids watched a short video. I just don't know how they don't need a nap because I DO!!

This is the saying of the day. When we were at Jo Jo's Mom pool her Mom Joan swam with us. Cade was calling her "The Grandma" at first so she said that he could call her Grandma Joan. Well, her name turned in Grandma Jones from Cade. It was very cute. He adored her and I think that they bonded pretty good. A great time by all!!!

No comments: