Well, let's see here. Already 2 days have gone by and I have barely time to sit and write it feels like. So here goes the shortened version of the past 2 days.
On Monday, tumbling went great. I have mostly boys in the class which is different than the norm. Neva jumped right back in and was loving it. She was so proud to put on that leotard and tutu again. Such a girl.
Cade has still been practicing riding his 2 wheeled bike and is getting better on it everyday. Same w/ Neve's, she is gaining more confidence on her training wheeled bike and is just so proud. Very cute those 2 kids are. ;)
In the afternoon we had some pool time again in the back. The humidity was still fairly brutal and it was a hot day. Great day for a soak.
Tuesday was somewhat a let down in the afternoon. We started the day by going to the Y for my class. When I came back to pick the kids up from the child watch they had gone on a walk and picked me a "bouquet" of dandelions. Very sweet. They were so happy to give them to me.
Then we had a brief visit from Grandpa w/ some rock souvenirs that he had got for the kids. They loved it. Just the other day Cade told me that he was going to have a rock collection and I couldn't stop him. Too funny.
We were supposed to have swim lessons at 3:00 but it was not communicated to the instructor so she was not able to give them. What a let down but the kids handled it well. They were in their suits at the pool just waiting so patiently. So, we will hopefully be able to squeeze in 2 lessons next week. Neva told Truckie that they didn't have lessons because their was a problem w/ the scheduling. I just try to be honest and straight forward w/ the kids and they handle it so much better. She sounded like such an adult telling Truckie.
We ended the day with yup you guessed it.....baseball. Man, that kid loves to play. Hopefully he'll make us some money someday. ;) He doesn't want to be a baseball player though, he is still stuck on being a racecar driver. He even asked me tonight if I would come watch him race his #48 sparkly green car, sparkly green helmet w/ a microphone to talk to the pit crew to make sure the car was operating properly. What 4 year old says that!!
Ok, these quotes of the day have been from the past couple days but just too good not to share.
Last night Neva and I were telling Cade to come into the bathroom to get dressed for the night. He wasn't answering us and Neva yells "Cade, don't even give me attitude." Yikes, do I say that?
We have been really into nutrition and trying to educate the kids on what we eat and why we eat it and clearly they are getting it. Cade will ask me about most of the stuff he eats if it has protein and if it has a lot of sugar. We will go through foods that have a lot of protein and why that is good. We got into a discussion about blueberries and he told me that have a lot of protein. I told them that they didn't. He said "Mom, you told me it was one of the best things for you." "Yes Cade it is but because it has antioxidants." "Oh yeah, that's right Mom."
Truckie is at the Batman movie so I am going to fold some laundry and have some quiet time.
Good night.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment