Wow, where do I start. A lot has happend since I have been able to sit down and share my day.
Here is a short recap of what we have been up to since the beginning of July.
4th of July and that weekend:
We went down to the local Cascade parade as tradition has been since we moved here. Both kids rode their bikes this year and then we sat afterwards to watch the "official" parade. They had so much fun and were absolutely amazed by the all the floats and firetrucks and oh yeah the candy. I kept telling them "you have no friends in a parade when their is being candy thrown." I am showing them the ropes early. :) Cade would say "stop saying that already Mom." I had fun w/ it.
After the parade we packed up and headed north to the cottage for our long planned canoe trip w/ Michelle, Jeremy and Max in town visiting. The weather was beautiful and it was a great time had by all. The river is just so tranquil and beautiful and just makes us so happy that we live in Michigan. I think that the others felt the same way. Not really many words to descibe how relaxing and peaceful and rejuvenating it is.
The week after Truckie travelled for 3 days out to Seattle for work. The kids and I missed him terribly but we survived and stayed busy w/ Bridget and Demba now in town and then Michelle, Jeremy and Max down to visit too. It was so great to have all the kids just hang out and get to know each other. Max is a fantastic little guy who just can't stop smiling. He reminded me of Cade as a baby.
My parents took the kids for the weekend and Truckie and I started our weekend of fun. Friday night all the girls and hubbies went out to San Chez for a fantastic dinner as always. It is somewhat tradition to go out to dinner here whenever everyone is in town. We drink Sangria, eat Tapas and laugh. It is great.
Then on Saturday night we headed out to Saugatuck for Steve and Katie's wedding. When we woke up that morning it was pouring rain but by the time we got out there it was drying up and turning into a gorgeous afternoon. Bridget and Demba met up w/ us after lunch. We walked around the town for a bit and then sat on a deck and had some cocktails before heading to our hotel. We got ready and then the Trolley picked us up for the wedding. It was an amazing spot w/ eclectic food and some dancing. We had a great time and the sunset was unbelievable. It was good to see some old friends and still hard to believe that our friend Steve had gotten married. Never would of thought it but then again the saying goes never say never. Ain't that the truth. I always said I would never wear elastic waste pants or drive a minivan and I am proud to say that I have/do both. Oh yeah, we also met a Nives which is Latin for snow. I would say that she is in her 50-60's. Very interesting.
This past week we have just been trying to enjoy a quieter week but that really didn't happen. We went to the beach 2 times this week along w/ a trip to the YMCA and honestly I can't remember what else filled in the gaps. I guess that is the way it goes.
Well, now that I am somewhat back up to speed again I would like to continue w/ my quotes of the day. I don't have 16 quotes for the missed days but I do have a few that I would love to share. Enjoy a good laugh.
Neva was being a pistol one day and Cade said to me "We should just send her back in your belly." I told him that I was done having any babies in my belly and that maybe Dad's belly was a better option. He liked that idea. I did too at the moment.
Cade has been on the kick where he will ask me at least 30 times a day how I slept the night before. It drives me bonkers. I have tried every creative way to get him to stop w/out coming out and saying so. I told him that I don't sleep anymore-he wasn't buying it. Finally he said to me yesterday "Do I annoy you when I ask you how you slept?" How do you respond to that? I just told him he doesn't need to ask me 30 times and he then proceeded to ask if he could ask me 90 times!! That kid, such a card.
OK, the final quote of the day. Today Truckie and I were doing random projects upstairs and the kids were playing on our bed, jumping, pretend to be sleeping and who knows what other games. Anyhow, Truckie and I were in the other room and could hear them talking. Cade said to Neva "We are having so much fun!! Mom and Dad are not!!" Too funny. Truckie and I were cracking up. How true was that???
OK, so I am will try to stay on top of my blog again now that travel and plans will slow down for a bit. Promise. Keep enjoying as much as me!!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment