Sunday, July 20, 2008

Growing up

Good day had by all. Got some chores and errands done this morning and then it was time for play this afternoon. Cade was convinced again he could ride a 2 wheeled bike and he was right. Now he just needs some more practice and confidence. We took him on the pavement this time and he took right off. He had his infectious giggle in effect and just took off. It was so great.

We brought Neva's bike w/ training wheels today for her to get some practice. In no time at all she was a pro. She had been somewhat afraid to ride it in the beginning of the summer but she has put her fears behind her. Now for her a little more practice and we will be going on walks without both kids on bikes. It will be more of a run than walks so maybe it will just become a family bike ride. Fun. I look forward to that!!

Tomorrow I start teaching my tumbling classes again after having a 5 week session off. The break was well taken and now I am ready to get back in the swing of things and start getting my own paycheck to save up for something fun. Probably shoes. :)

Let's see the quote of the day....

Cade is big into showing off his muscles. He always says "look at my stomach muscles" and I told him that they are called his abs. So, today he said "Mom, feel my scab muscles." Very cute.

Neva is big into dancing and swinging her hips. That girl is starting to get some moves. Not necessarily good but not bad either. What a character!!

They both definitely seem to always put a smile on our face or give us a good laugh at least 1 time a day. Amazing how silly or witty they can be and where do they get it???

Oh yeah, a couple more things...

We have been talking about what we want to be when we grow up. The kids have decided that I am going to be a princess and wear my wedding dress. Neva is going to be a ballerina or princess or both. Cade is going to be a race car driver. He gets very detailed. He is going to be 18 years old, the car is going to be red w/ blue, his helmet is going to have black and red and his number is going to be 80. Everyday the details change or get more elaborate. I truly hope that he doesn't grow up to be a race car driver. I would prefer something a little more safe but cheers to him for dreaming!!

Have a great night and I will be back soon.

No comments: