Thursday, September 11, 2008

This week in a nutshell

Cade started back to school on Monday. He was excited and everything was cool and calm for the morning. We got out of the car to take our yearly pics of course and then he went in and Neva and I left. It was pretty much that simple. I could tell he wasn't nervous at all and he even told me so. That made me feel so much better so dropping him off was a breeze. I didn't shed a tear but then I get these feelings of guilt from taking bonding time away from Neva. She did ask a few times if it was time to pick him up. However, she was loving the fact that when we were at the grocery store she could hold anything she wanted without having to fight over it w/ Cade.

Wednesday, we dropped off Cade and Neva and I headed out to buy her a bedroom set that I found on craigslist. It is perfect for her. It is a twin bed, 2 dressers, a desk and chair. I got a killer deal and the condition is perfect. We just need to get her a mattress now and she will be all set for the "bigger girl" bed as we call it. I think that we may throw a coat of paint on it, even though it doesn't need it. Right now it is cream and I think I prefer it to be white to match the trim in the house. Ok, just my neuroticness, if that is a word. She seems pretty excited but hasn't said much about it. She never said that she didn't want in her crib it is just Truckie and I's guilt for putting a 3 year old potty trained girl in there. :)

Wednesday evening was a blast!! Cade and I had our first soccer game and we started the season off great. The kids just had so much fun as did I. I think that Cade played w/ a smile on his face the whole time. He had a hat trick for the game even though he is trying to tell me he scored 4 goals. Man, that kids is good. He has crazy coordination for a kid his age. I know that every parent says that about their child but he just excels at every sport. Sometimes it just blows my mind. As a teacher for sports classes to 4-5 year olds I have seen the "best" and worst of them and Cade is no comparison. Ok, enough of my bragging.

This is a funny story about our soccer team color. We were supposed to be scarlet, which I thought was pink. I told Cade that the color of our team is pink and he was in tears. Truckie told me that scarlet was NOT pink so Cade and I checked on the computer and that put a smile on his face again. So, we are at the game yesterday and my boss is handing out the soccer jerseys. He hands me a stack of PEACH jerseys. I gave him the look "Really?" and he said that he would send them back. I told him not to bother. The kids really didn't mind at all, they were just so happy to have an official soccer jersey. Cade told Truckie that he didn't mind if they were peach. I told him that we could be named the Salmon fish team or something like that since the jerseys are the color of salmon. Hey, open to suggestions for a team name relating to Salmon.

Now, we are getting ready to up to Stacy's family cottage for the weekend. We were supposed to camp but Stacy is just not ready having Emmett now and it is fine w/ me. The cottage is about 1 hour away on a small lake. The kids can fish and we can all sleep in a real bed and have a roof over our heads. No complaints here. It is supposed to rain too so it will be great. We are all looking forward to spending some time w/ the Vances as the last time was for the canoe trip!! Way too long in other words.

Ok, gonna go but before I do I will share the quote of the day....

On Monday afternoon the kids were playing a game together and they were laughing so hard. I am not sure if I've ever heard either one laugh this hard for this long. So, on Tuesday morning Neva asked Cade if he wanted to play the game again. Cade said "No, I don't have a very good laugh in my mouth right now." Gotta love it!!

No comments: