Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time flies

It has been a very long time since I have been able to write in my blog. It seems like it gets put lower and lower on the priority list when I am super busy. I just need to take a few minutes a week to give updates so I don't feel so overwhelmed when I don't write in it. With that being said.....

The kids have been good for the most part. Cold season has officially started a couple weeks ago so the kids have been passing them back and forth to each other. Right now it seems that Cade is starting it again and Neva is getting over hers. Just a fact of life and might as well get used to it for the next few months. Gotta love germs. :)

Let's start w/ Cade and his update. Not sure if he is going through some emotional changes but we have been having some trying times w/ him and throwing a fit if he doesn't get his way. It is very unlike him so hopefully this is just a phase and that it will pass soon. This past week was better but boy the week before that was awful. He is loving soccer so much and is somewhat of a natural. OK, that is my bragging bit said. We have our last game this Wednesday and I am a bit sad. I LOVED coaching the team and seeing the rewards it has to offer especially for your own child. I have so much fun and it was so nostalgic to be back in the soccer world again. I look forward to many, many more seasons between the 2 kids. Cade is loving school and seems to be coming good friends w/ a girl Brooke who actually is our neighbor too. Very convienent. She carpools w/ us and the kids just absolutely love it.

Neva, she has been doing so great. Not sure what it was but within the last month she is really coming more and more into her personality and just a sweet, sweet girl. The fits and touchiness seem to be less even though she is still very sensitive but I adore that in a person. It is crazy to think that she will be 3 in 8 days. It seems like just yesterday I was getting sleepless nights and dealing w/ a tough baby. Yipppeeeee, those days are long gone and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to what big girl Neva has to bring and it only seems to get better and better everyday. She is still doing tumbling w/ me on Mondays and she still really enjoys it. I hope to get her into ballet next session either through the Y or through the city of GR. We shall see....

Truckie and I have been doing really well. Oh wait, w/ one exception that he is covered in poison ivy on his arm. I have had a lot of p.i. in my day and never have seen anything like this. Hopefully this too will be behind us soon because it is pretty gross and Truckie doesn't seem to comfortable.

We went to Detroit this past weekend and had such a fabulous time. We stayed in a hotel right downtown and went to Greek town 2 blocks away for a greek meal. It was delicious and was accompanied by great wine. Just like our honeymoon in Greece.....or not. :) Then we went into this pastry shop afterwards and it was like nothing we have ever seen. Crazy chocolates and pastries. Then we went to see The Old 97's and this small venue. It was so much fun and they sounded so great. After the show a couple guys from the band were outside and we chatted for a short bit and I got Murray's picture and autograph. I felt like a little school girl all gitty. Maybe it was the beer. :)

Busy week ahead of us. The standards and then we are headed to the apple orchard on Friday because Cade doesn't have school. We will also be getting ready for Neva's 3rd birthday party on the 25th!! We are doing a princess castle cake so I am very excited for that project.

Ok, quotes of the month.:)
Neva's:
We were walking out of the library and I hear her mumble something under her breath and I swore she said something about a bitch. I asked her what she said and she said "Crazy bitch!!" I have no idea where she would have heard that because Truckie nor I would EVER say anything like that. How do you keep a straight face....you don't. Hopefully that won't come out of her mouth again.

Cade's:
I need to think about this one and post it later....

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: