I feel like I barely have time to sit down and just relax these days. Between getting ready for Holley to visit, orientation for Cade's school, soccer starting soon and all the things in between we are just plain busy. Hopefully once we get into our school routine again things will seem a bit more under control. At least that is what my thinking is and I try to think positively.
Holley and Chris are coming to visit for the night. The kids are very excited to see them. Cade has all sorts of questions for Chris about his race car driving. They have no idea that he is even a Dr. Not as important to him as a race car driver though. We are going to have my new signature meal which is fish tacos. Yum!!
Tomorrow morning Cade and I are going up to the YMCA for team orientation and a short soccer clinic. I am really excited and looking forward to being a part of his soccer team. The rules are a bit different than the standard games but they will start to learn more about the game and fine tune their tactics and skills of the game. Cade said he would be calling me Coach Mom and he thinks that is so cool. I am glad that I am still "cool" in his eyes and not embarrased of me yet. I cherish these moments!!
Tomorrow evening we are planning on going down to the city for the Celebration on the Grand. There are also a few other events going on. We plan on meeting Stacy and Simon and the gang for dinner and who knows what else. Should be fun.
On Sunday, hopefully NOTHING!! We just purchased a couple 55 gallon barrels for composting and rain water collection. So, I am anticipating that we will get this up and running. I am very excited about composting. We are really trying to do everything that we can whether it be big or small to help the environment. Not just for us but for our kids and future generations. You don't realize how big of an impact one person can make. Just trying to give our contribution as a family and it feels great.
On Monday, Cade will start school and the following week I will start teaching my classes at the Y. It will be nice to have the first week for Neva and I to have some time together.
Ok, here is one quote that sticks in my head. Enjoy!! As my life seems to stay busier you will notice that my blogging has gone way down. I will try to update as much as I possibly can to keep everyone in the know of what we are up to.
The other day I was making piles of stuff to sell on Craigslist and Neva came in the room. She looked at me and said "Mom, your not going to sell me." She said it in a way that she was letting me know and convincing herself at the same time.
I was talking about how my body was sore from backpacking and I told the kids that I was getting older, not old, but older. Neva said "your not getting old your getting new." Just so sweet. Wish it were true. :)
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment